Open Studio Contemporary Printmaking Studio Residency
Open Studio is an Artist-Run Centre dedicated to contemporary print. Open Studio offers accessible, inclusive and affordable printmaking facilities, programs and services for artists and the public from across Canada and abroad. They support artists in the creation and exhibition of contemporary print in an open-minded, safe and collaborative environment. Their vision is to shape the exploration of print as essential, dynamic, and relevant to contemporary culture and creative thought.
The Centre for Emerging Artists & Designers is excited to announce the Open Studio Residency Career Launcher for OCAD U students. One (1) successful applicant will be awarded a Full Membership with Open Studio ($125 value), a three month access pass to the facilities ($630) to be used in the summer of 2023, $300 in credits to go towards materials, and a flat file rental (value: $54).The selected artist will work towards a self-directed final project during their time with Open Studio and give an artist talk at OCAD U in Fall 2023. An artist fee of $300 will be given for the talk.
Open Studio is an Artist-Run Centre dedicated to contemporary print. They offer accessible, inclusive and affordable printmaking facilities, programs and services for artists and the public from across Canada and abroad. Open Studio’s priority is to support artists in the creation and exhibition of contemporary print in an open-minded, safe and collaborative environment. Their facility supports various printmaking techniques, including screenprinting, lithography and intaglio/relief printing. Open Studio opens the door to printmaking through our studio facilities, education programming, residencies, scholarships, exhibitions and public art installations.
One (1) successful candidate will receive:
- 3 month rental access pass for Open Studio’s facilities to be used in Summer 2023. Studio facilities are accessible 24/7 for pre-approved studio users once they have received a studio orientation. Visit Open Studio’s website for full details.
- $300 Credit towards materials at Open Studio
- $125 Full Membership (1 year)
- Flat file rental during the duration of the residency
- $300 Artist talk fee in fall 2023
The OCAD U RBC CEAD is committed to promoting substantive equality for equity-seeking groups that are under-represented in the creative sector. We encourage applications from first-time applicants to the program and graduates of equity-seeking communities including racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities / expressions. Applicants are welcome to advise the CEAD of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Applicants who need assistance with their submissions are invited to connect with the RBC CEAD for Advising support. Click here to learn more about how to book an advising appointment.
Applicants who have concerns about meeting a Career Launcher application deadline are invited to connect with the CEAD in order to discuss possible alternatives. We encourage all who might require assistance with the application process to reach out to determine available support. Outreach of this nature should be undertaken at least one week prior to the published application deadline.
401 Richmond St. W Suite #104, Toronto ON
- Current undergraduate or Master’s level students
- Priority will be given to applicants who have not previously received a Career Launcher opportunity
- Demonstrated skills in printmaking (ie: screenprinting, lithography, letterpress, intaglio or relief)
- Graduating students are welcome to apply for the Career Launcher fund to support alternative pathways to access facilities and memberships
Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 8:00 AM ET
- Full contact information (Name, phone, and email)
- Current CV
- Website/social media
- Artist statement (150 words max)
- A statement of interest that describes what you hope to develop if selected and why Open Studio is the best place to support you (400 words max)
Apply via Typeform: https://bit.ly/OpenStudio2023CLApply
Special Projects Coordinator