Slate Asset Management: Call for Artists
OCAD University’s RBC Centre for Emerging Artists & Designers is excited to announce a call for artists in partnership with Slate Asset Management. Slate Asset Management is seeking proposals for a rotating public art exhibit that will animate the lobby of 2 St. Clair West in the Yonge St. + St. Clair Avenue West community. Slate welcomes artists, working in all mediums to submit proposals. Slate is seeking medium to large-scale pieces to be displayed on two walls in the lobby. Slate’s rotating art program will occur two times a year.
PROGRAMMING: Slate will select one artist to exhibit their works on temporary loan in the lobby of 2 St. Clair West from June 2021 – December 2021 (6-month period).
A minimum of 2 proposed pieces are expected, and the option exists for the presentation of multiple small pieces. The submission of existing finished works is encouraged.
FEE: The selected artist will receive a $3,000 rental fee for the 6-month display of their works. A brief artist bio will be displayed alongside the works.
OCAD U RBC CEAD and Slate Asset Management are committed to promoting access to this opportunity for equity-seeking groups that are under-represented as creative entrepreneurs. We encourage applications from individuals of equity-seeking communities including racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, women and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/ expressions. Applicants are invited to voluntarily self-identify with any of these communities in their application.
- Proposed pieces must fill both walls appropriately
- Pieces can be exhibited with option for sale at the end of the term
- When appropriate, pieces must be framed (i.e. works on paper etc)
- Large scale pieces are encouraged
- The artist is responsible for any ancillary costs, including installation and de-installation.
SITE AND AUDIENCE
Applicants can visit the location to see the space, if they wish; Monday - Friday, 8am - 6pm. Selected artworks will be on display to tenants of the building and visiting members of the public.
- April 25, 2021 – Proposals Due
- The week of May 10, 2021 – Artist is selected
- Early June 2021 – Pieces installation
- December 2021 – Exhibit ends
Selected work will be shown at 2 St. Clair West, Toronto (St. Clair West Avenue at Yonge St.)
Applicants who need assistance with their submissions are invited to connect with the RBC CEAD for Advising support from Zviko Mhakayakora at email@example.com.
Slate Asset Management
Open to OCAD U Drawing & Painting students graduating in 2021
- Current creative CV including full contact information (name, phone and email). Include prior relevant education, work experience, exhibition history and awards.
- Statement of Interest. Include an artist bio (100-word max) and short written proposal (250 words max)
- Proposal. Include renderings/sketches of the pieces which you are proposing for display. If the pieces are already produced, dimensions and high-resolution photos of the work are required. Images of the available display spaces can be found here: http://bit.ly/slatedisplayspaces
All uploaded files must be named as follows to be considered: LastName_First Name_[item]_SlateAssetManagement, for example, Doe_Dakota_Resume_SlateAssetManagement
Submit via Typeform here:
April 25, 2021 at 11:59 PM