Visual Creative Content Specialist
I'm an OCAD U student, specializing in photography, installation, and performance. Passionate about capturing the beauty of nature and landscapes, I eagerly immerse myself in parks across Canada. Through my lens, I aim to encapsulate the serene and awe-inspiring moments found in these natural settings. With a keen eye for detail and a desire to evoke emotions, I strive to create visually compelling experiences for viewers. As a dedicated photographer, I continuously explore new avenues and push the boundaries of my craft. Join me on this artistic journey as I seek to harmonize art, nature, and self-expression.
The RBC Centre for Emerging Artists & Designers (CEAD) is excited to announce the return of the Parks Canada Career Launcher for technically savvy students with photography and videography skills. Students are invited to apply for this opportunity. A successful applicant will be employed at Rouge National Urban Park, the first of its kind in Canada.
A rich assembly of natural, cultural and agricultural landscapes, Rouge National Urban Park is home to amazing biodiversity, some of the last remaining working farms in the Greater Toronto Area, Carolinian ecosystems, one of the region’s largest marshes, amazing hiking opportunities, and human history dating back over 10,000 years, including some of Canada’s oldest known Indigenous sites.
The recipient will split their time between the office and the park: processing images in the Rouge National Urban Park photo library, shooting imagery with drones and cameras, doing design tasks for the Park’s Communications department, organizing and archiving images and supporting the creation of staff resources.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Capturing photographs of Rouge Park and its events
- Contributing to the Park’s graphic design, signage and social media; and organizing photo archives
- As part of their time in the position, the selected candidate would receive a drone pilot license through training and certification
- The successful applicant will receive a $750 equipment grant from the CEAD to support equipment rental and purchases necessary for the position
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Current undergraduate students(including those whose final semester finishes in April)
- Strong photographic skills
- A candidate who is generally technically savvy (PowerPoint, virtual presentations, digital communications etc)
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Access to a vehicle considered an asset
• Social media skills and experience would be considered an asset
- Skills in videography, drone operations, and graphic design would be considered as an asset
- Illustration skills are a bonus
The OCAD U RBC CEAD is committed to promoting substantive equality for equity-seeking groups that are under-represented in the creative sector. We encourage applications from first-time applicants to the program and graduates of equity-seeking communities including racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities / expressions. Applicants are welcome to advise the CEAD of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Applicants who need assistance with their submissions are invited to connect with the RBC CEAD for Advising support. Click here to learn more about how to book an advising appointment.
Applicants who have concerns about meeting a Career Launcher application deadline are invited to connect with the CEAD in order to discuss possible alternatives. We encourage all who might require assistance with the application process to reach out to determine available support. Outreach of this nature should be undertaken at least one week prior to the published application deadline.
Rouge National Urban Park
3545 Kingston Rd. Toronto
$20/hour for 37.5 hours/week
Full time, 15-weeks
Mid-June to September 2023
Friday, May 19, 2023, 8:00 AM ET
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Available for a full time (5 days per week) 15-week position, commencing in June, 2023
- Available to work on some weekends
- Willing to undergo a basic security screening
- Open to wearing a uniform
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Resume including full contact information (name, phone, and email)
- A statement of interest that contextualizes your creative and technical skills and communicates your interest in the opportunity (400 words max)
- Creative portfolio (PDF or website)
- Examples of social media and/or videography experience (OCAD U course assignments are welcomed as examples)
- Written confirmation of the Conditions of Employment
Apply via Typeform: