Parks Canada, Creative Content Specialist
The RBC Centre for Emerging Artists & Designers (CEAD) is excited to announce the return of the Parks Canada Career Launcher for technically savvy students with photography and videography skills. Students, that will be returning to school in Fall 2021 are invited to apply for this opportunity. A successful applicant will be employed at Rouge Park - Canada’s first national urban park!
The recipient will split their time between the office and the field; processing images in the Rouge National Urban Park photo library, shooting imagery with drones and traditional cameras, and doing design tasks for the Park’s Communications department. The successful applicant will also receive a $500 equipment grant from the CEAD.
ABOUT THE ROUGE NATIONAL URBAN PARK
A rich assembly of natural, cultural and agricultural landscapes, Rouge National Urban Park is home to amazing biodiversity, some of the last remaining working farms in the Greater Toronto Area, Carolinian ecosystems, Toronto’s only campground, one of the region’s largest marshes, amazing hiking opportunities, and human history dating back over 10,000 years, including some of Canada’s oldest known Indigenous sites.
Parks Canada is excited to work towards the establishment of Canada’s first national urban park – Rouge National Urban Park – in the Greater Toronto Area.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong photographic skills are desired
- A candidate who is generally technically savvy is desired (PowerPoint, virtual presentations, digital communications etc)
- Social media skills and experience is desired
- Skills in videography, drone operations, and graphic design will be considered as an asset
- Illustration skills are a bonus
$16.49/hour FOR 37.5 hours/week
Full time, 4-month, commencing in May/June 2021
The OCAD U RBC CEAD and Parks Canada are committed to promoting substantive equality for equity-seeking groups that are under-represented in the creative sector. We encourage applications from first-time applicants to the program and graduates of equity-seeking communities including racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities / expressions.
Applicants who need assistance with their submissions are invited to connect with the RBC CEAD for Advising support from Zviko Mhakayakora at email@example.com.
Rouge National Urban Park
3620 Kingston Rd. Toronto
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must be a student who is returning to school in Fall 2021
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Available for a full-time (5 day per week) 4-month position, commencing in May/June
- Available to work on some weekends
- Willing to undergo a basic security screening
- Open to wearing a uniform for special events
- Current resume listing relevant creative experience. Include full contact info (name, phone and email)
- A statement of interest that contextualizes your creative and technical skills and communicates your interest in the opportunity. Why are you a good match?
- Creative portfolio (PDF or website)
- Examples of social media and/or videography experience
- Written confirmation of the Conditions of Employment
All uploaded files must be named as follows to be considered: LastName_First Name_[item]_ParksCanada, for example, Doe_Dakota_Resume_ParksCanada
Submit via Typeform here:
April 18, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST