Mercer Union, Administration & Communications Assistant
OCAD University’s RBC Centre for Emerging Artists & Designers is excited to announce a recruited placement in partnership with Mercer Union for the role of Administration & Communications Assistant.
Reporting to the Director & Curator, the Administration and Communication Assistant will support various aspects of working within a contemporary art institution, focusing on communications, fundraising initiatives and general administration. They will aid in maintaining the gallery’s website and social media platforms, assist with the creation and distribution of press releases and press kits, collect and manage press clippings, update the constituent database, as well as support the day-to day operations of the gallery. They will also work directly with the curatorial staff to support the presentation of online projects and public programs for a broad public.
With in-person exhibitions and events impacted as a result of COVID-19, Mercer Union has launched digital commissioning platforms and adapted existing programs for online presentation. The Administration and Communication Assistant will play a key role in nurturing these initiatives, providing necessary administrative support for public programs and building online presence for these activities.
Mercer Union is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We promote employment equity and strongly encourage applications from racialized candidates, Indigenous peoples, women, LGBTQ2S+ persons, and persons with disabilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in managing updates to the gallery website, social media feeds and email marketing platforms
- Liaise with staff to develop content for social media channels and assist in the management of the gallery’s social media content calendar
- Oversee scheduling and delivery of communications materials
- Assist in the design, production and distribution of promotional materials including advertising, exhibition related texts and media outreach
- Assist with the creation and distribution of press releases and press kits, and addressing media requests and disseminating project information
- Collect and manage press clippings and produce media reports as needed
Exhibitions and Public Programs (30%)
- Produce and maintain an inventory of visual images to promote the gallery and its exhibitions and programs
- Archive gallery promotional and printed materials
- Provide administrative and coordination support for remote programming
- Aid in the coordination and promotion of all online events and remote programs
- Edit and revise copy for marketing materials including press releases, website, social media and mail outs
- General office administration and gallery duties
- Prepare contracts for exhibiting artists, program facilitators and independent contractors
- Write copy for various funding applications as necessary
- Assist in the preparation of grant applications and reports
- Assist in the preparation of Board and Committee meetings
$18/hour for 40 hours/week
31 May - 22 August. This is a full-time, fixed-term, pay rolled position, receiving 4% vacation pay and subject to Mercer Union’s Employment Policies, which will be shared with the successful candidate.
Remote work in Eastern Standard Time, with in-person meetings when pandemic conditions allow
Applicants who require assistance with their submissions are invited to connect with the RBC CEAD for Advising support from Zviko Mhakayakora at email@example.com.
- Current OCAD U students in any discipline at the 3rd or final year at the Undergraduate level or any year at the Master’s level
- A strong knowledge of contemporary art and discourse
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and manage long and short-term projects
- Demonstrated experience with project management and logistics coordination
- Mac OS proficiencies with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Experience with Word Press website management, email marketing and social media management
- Current resume including full contact information (name, phone and email)
- Cover letter outlining your interest in the opportunity and highlighting your relevant experience
All uploaded files must be named as follows to be considered: LastName_First Name_[item]_MercerUnion, for example, Doe_Dakota_Resume_MercerUnion
Submit via Typeform here:
April 14, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST