2021 Impact Hub, Creative Strategist
Miriam Havelin (she/her) is a passionate researcher, designer, and strategist based in Toronto, ON. She originally started out in Epidemiology and population health research, earning a BSc. in health science from Simon Fraser University, before pivoting to design and strategic foresight, earning an associate degree in graphic design and a MDes degree in Strategic Foresight from OCAD University in Toronto.
Miriam grew up in Nigeria, Colombia and Canada and speaks fluent Spanish, she brings her multicultural and interdisciplinary background to her work. Striving to be inclusive and creative in her research and design projects.
OCAD University’s RBC Centre for Emerging Artists & Designers is excited to announce a recruited placement in partnership with Impact Hub Ottawa for the role of Creative Strategist. The ideal candidate will be a community-minded and forward-thinking Creative Strategist who will refine, standardize and future proof their brand and presence. Prioritizing inclusive design and accessibility, the selected candidate will research, design and produce creative solutions to keep members connected, improve customer experience and expand reach outside the current audience.
For this position, you should be interested in social innovation and entrepreneurship, be creative and comfortable working with a small team and have excellent communication and organizational skills.
Impact Hub Ottawa is a non-profit community and co-working space with a mission to inspire, connect, and enable people and organizations to take action for a more just and sustainable world. They’re part of a global network, and together, they use the Sustainable Development Goals and their commitment to “leave no one behind” as a lens through which to view their impact in the world. They offer co-working, office, meeting, and event space and virtual programs and services to help purpose-driven people work together to bring about meaningful change in their communities.
OCAD U RBC CEAD and Impact Hub Ottawa are committed to promoting access to this opportunity for equity-seeking groups that are under-represented as creatives. We encourage applications from individuals of equity-seeking communities including racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, women and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions. Applicants are invited to voluntarily self-identify with any of these communities in their application.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and execute a brand strategy, including the setting of style guides, local brand guidelines and standards
- Develop and design intuitive templates for our internal and external marketing, communications and programming materials
- Help to shape and communicate our vision, mission, unique value proposition and differentiation strategy
- Maintain brand integrity across all our marketing initiatives, communication channels, programs and events (online and offline)
- Design, execute and measure promotional and nurture campaigns for new and existing products, offerings and markets
- Research, design and produce creative solutions for the delivery of virtual, interactive, in-person and hybrid events and programs
- Review and optimize integrations between emerging technologies, online tools and the Impact Hub Ottawa digital properties and office systems
- Develop inclusive and accessible workflows and automated systems that improve operations, processes and the customer, lead and team experience
- Consult on the refresh and redevelopment of Impact Hub Ottawa digital properties
- Monitor and analyze market trends, research consumer markets and competitors’ activities to identify new opportunities and challenges
- Establish performance specifications and guidelines and assess the performance of our campaigns, initiatives and offerings
- Help to create a warm and welcoming environment, both virtually and in-person, by attending Hub events, making connections, inviting questions and feedback, and encouraging engagement among members
Due to COVID-19, the Impact Hub Ottawa team is working remotely and on-site. While this opportunity is not limited by location, the position requires availability during office hours.
$20/hour for 35 hours per week (7 hours per day) with 4% vacation pay paid out each pay period
May 10, 2021 - July 30, 2021. This is a paid, full-time, contract position to be worked remotely in Eastern Daylight Time
Impact Hub Ottawa
123 Slater Street, Suite 610, Ottawa, ON K1P5H2
- OCAD U students in their 3rd or final year in any program at the undergraduate level and any year at the Master’s level
- Proven work experience in brand strategy or related role in marketing
- Experience in inclusive design and familiarity with AODA compliance requirements
- Extensive knowledge of emerging technologies and demonstrable experience with digital tools, including event, email, video conferencing, advertising, CRM, optimization tools and social media platforms
- Familiarity with web design, HTML, and CMS
- Experience in hybrid/virtual event design is an asset
- Data-driven thinking and excellent analytical skills
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Strong leadership and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a collaborative team and community
- Current resume including full contact information (name, phone and email)
- Cover letter. Answer the questions: - Based on the posted job description, what makes you uniquely qualified for this role? (150 words max) - Why are you interested in working at Impact Hub Ottawa?
- Website showing examples of relevant work
All uploaded files must be named as follows to be considered: LastName_First Name_[item]_ImpactHubOttawa, for example, Doe_Dakota_Resume_ImpactHubOttawa
Extended to May 2, 2021 at 11:59 PM
The RBC Centre for Emerging Artists & Designers recognizes Scotiabank for its generous support for the Career Launcher program.
Special Projects Coordinator