Gallery TPW is a leading artist-run centre dedicated to exhibiting underrepresented artistic and curatorial practices that push the boundaries of lens-based work.
OCAD University’s RBC Centre for Emerging Artists & Designers is excited to announce a recruited placement in partnership with Gallery TPW for the role of Programs Assistant. The Programs Assistant will join the Gallery TPW team to support their programming planning and execution, promotion and communication, elements of fundraising, and general administration. This is a fantastic opportunity for OCAD U students interested in building skills and knowledge in an artist-run-centre with a focus on lens-based work and practices. The role will be a combination of remote and in-person work at the Gallery. TPW encourages submissions from BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, Persons of Colour) applicants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Programming (Approx. 30%)
- Working closely with curators to contribute to programming planning
- Coordinating artist contracts; shipping; documentation; gallery prep for exhibitions; and programming coordination (in-gallery set-up and organizing tech runs)
- Promotions, Communications and Publicity (Approx. 30%)
- Writing and copy editing marketing and promotional materials and booking ads
- Digital communication including website updates and monthly e-newsletter
- Managing social media accounts, including developing content and regular posting
- Assisting with targeted promotions or community outreach as needed
- Fundraising (Approx. 25%)
- Working with the Executive Director to liaise with artists for fundraising events; secure artwork donations; and coordinate event logistics
- General administration (Approx. 15%)
- Assist with general office duties and tasks, as needed
$21/ hour, for 28 hours per week
Part-time contract, beginning early to mid-May to mid-September, 2023
Monday, March 20, 2023, at 8:00 AM ET
The OCAD U RBC CEAD is committed to promoting substantive equality for equity-seeking groups that are under-represented in the creative sector. We encourage applications from first-time applicants to the program and graduates of equity-seeking communities including racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities / expressions. Applicants are welcome to advise the CEAD of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Applicants who need assistance with their submissions are invited to connect with the RBC CEAD for Advising support. Click here to learn more about how to book an advising appointment.
Applicants who have concerns about meeting a Career Launcher application deadline are invited to connect with the CEAD in order to discuss possible alternatives. We encourage all who might require assistance with the application process to reach out to determine available support. Outreach of this nature should be undertaken at least one week prior to the published application deadline.
170 St.Helens Ave, Toronto ON, M6H 4A1
- Current OCAD U students in any discipline at the 3rd or final year at the Undergraduate level or any year at the Master’s level
- A strong knowledge of contemporary art and discourse
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and manage long and short-term projects
- Demonstrated experience with project management and logistics coordination
- Mac OS proficiencies with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Experience with website management, email marketing and social media management
- Priority will be given to applicants who have not previously received a Career Launcher opportunity
- Experience and knowledge in accessibility practices is an asset
- Gallery experience is considered an asset
VIRTUAL INFO SESSION
Friday, March 10, 2023
1:00 - 2:00 PM
Click here to RSVP
Join our upcoming info session to learn more about Gallery TPW and resources for putting together a strong application.
- Resume including full contact information (name, phone, and email)
- Cover letter outlining your interest in this specific opportunity (400 words max)
- A short statement outlining the potential significance of the opportunity to your practice and/or development (100 words max)
Apply via Typeform:
Special Projects Coordinator