2020 Akin Studio
The Centre for Emerging Artists & Designers is excited to announce the return of the Akin Collective Career Launcher for Drawing & Painting, Indigenous Visual Culture and Material Art & Design students in their graduating term.
Students are invited to apply for this opportunity and one successful applicant will be awarded $ 2,000 in credits to go towards a studio space at Akin’s inspiring shared workspaces in 2020-2021! In addition to the $2,000 studio credit, the recipient will receive $450 credit for use at remote Akin Gallery space at Richmond and Portland. Remote provides the opportunity to exhibit work, host workshops / artist talks, or other activities relevant to early career growth.
This is an amazing opportunity to become part of a larger creative community and gain access to the excellent multidisciplinary facilities that Akin Collective has to offer. Applications will be juried during GradEx. Candidates will be invited to meet the jury as part of their selection tours.
- Must be a Drawing & Painting, Indigenous Visual Culture and Material Art & Design students in their graduating year.
- Must have the intent of remaining in the region following graduation to make use of this opportunity.
April 12, 2020 at midnight
- Full contact information (Name, phone, and email)
- Current CV
- Online portfolio or an attachedPDF portfolio. Include 5-7 sample support images of past artwork in a single PDF
- A statement of interest that contextualizes your intent to use the studio and outlines the significance of the opportunity to your practice (400 words max)
Please submit all components online via http://bit.ly/2020akinstudio
Special Projects Coordinator
P: 416 977 6000 Ext. 3707