2020 Career Launcher Fund
The Centre for Emerging Artists & Designers (CEAD) is excited to announce the return of the Career Launcher Fund for students convocating in 2020 (incl. students completing courses in Fall 2020).
This fund supports activities relating to your early career success as you transition out of school. Eligible activities could range from covering the cost of printing business cards, attending residencies and workshops, or presenting your work professionally outside of school.
Proposed expenses must be specific, create a compelling case, and could include anything that is important to advancing your career success. Special attention will be given to proposals that take into consideration the numerous privileges and access that end once you leave school, such as facilities, community, and mentorship.
Proposed expenses must be specific and could be up to $500 (minimum requested amount - $100).
SUGGESTED ELIGIBLE EXPENSES:
- Exhibition assistance (i.e: wall preparation, lightings, easel/ plinth rental, didactic material, transportation, etc.)
- Cost of printing business cards. Students and recent grads get a 30% print discount from Moo.com as part of the OCAD U Committment.
- Short-term facility & equipment rental fees
- Production expenses, such as materials
- Membership fees
- Submission fees
- Ticket and attendance fees
- Professional development and skill building workshop fees
- + much more !
INELIGIBLE EXPENSES INCLUDE:
- Travel costs
- Event and hospitality expenses
- Accommodation or long-term studio rental costs
- Equipment purchases (vs. rentals or material purchases)
- Proposals covered by other OCAD U funding programs like the OCAD U Committment (http://bit.ly/ocaducommittment), the Big Ideas Fund, emergency loans, SU Project Grants, etc.
Extended to April 24, 2020 at midnight.
If you have already submitted and wish to resubmit, feel free to do so. Please state which application you would like the jury to review.
All students convocating in 2020 (including. students completing courses in Fall 2020).
- Current CV or Resume
- Written proposal (max. 500 words) that:
- Outlines the proposed use of funds. Be specific!
- Outlines the significance of the opportunity to your practice and or/ career.
- Itemized budget proposal outlining eligible expenses.
- Portfolio link or PDF sample highlighting 3-5 works demonstrating the nature of your creative practice.
- Include a list of the works you are highlighting. Make sure all files are named: Last Name_First Name_[item]_Career Launcher Fund 2020, for example, Doe_Dakota_Resume_Career Launcher Fund 2020
Please submit all components online via http://bit.ly/careerlauncherfund2020.
Special Projects Coordinator
P: 416 977 6000 Ext. 3707