Bruce Mau Design: Graphic Design Internship
Bruce Mau Design is seeking a Graphic Designer who will contribute their passion and talent to one of BMD’s design teams. You will provide design and production support across a diverse range of clients and projects.
BMD’s Internship program aims to give passionate, talented and ambitious designers an immersive and hands-on interdisciplinary experience. You’ll need to bring a broad knowledge base of design, art, architecture, technology and be passionate about social and cultural issues. In return, BMD promises their team of globally recognized industry leaders will help you to continually push boundaries.
OCAD U and BMD are committed to promoting substantive equality for equity-seeking groups that are under-represented in the creative sector. We encourage applications from design graduates of equity-seeking communities including racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities / expressions.
Applicants are invited to voluntarily self-identify with any of these communities in their application. Please review the following definitions for more info:
- Be a valuable member of a design team, contributing new ideas, and executing on assigned tasks
- Design and produce creative solutions including but not limited to: presentations, mock-ups, and visual information
- Complete assigned tasks throughout all stages of the design and production process in a timely manner Iterate quickly and collaboratively on ideas
- Conduct research and analysis in support of senior team leads/ strategists
- Present ideas (written, verbally, and visually) to peers and seniors
- Own and deliver on specific elements of projects
- Contribute to business development by conducting research and developing presentation materials
- Build a knowledge base of current trends and the relevant landscape
- Learn and apply the BMD Process
- Manage time and understand operational practices
Competitive salary based on experience
Full-time paid internship from May 2020 to November 2020 (6 months)
March 16, 2020 at midnight
Bruce Mau Design
• Current OCAD U design student graduating in spring 2020
• Ability to work and understand concepts in 2D and 3D
• Potential to grow and develop with the studio
• High degree of self-motivation, and the ability to work well in a team setting
• Demonstrated curiosity in a broad range of issues and challenges in the world today
• Ability to contribute creatively to concept development and production under the direction of senior designers
• Proficiency in relevant software (including but not limited to AutoCAD, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Rhino and Sketchup)
- Full contact information (Name, phone, and email) and current resume.
- Cover letter outlining your interest in the opportunity and relevant experience.
- Creative portfolio (PDF or website). Please highlight 3-5 key projects.
Please submit via Typeform here:
At BMD, we start with your mission — the most enduring and aspirational articulation of an organization’s purpose. It’s the Big Idea that unifies and inspires everything you do. A great mission is exciting, resonant and generative. It opens up new possibilities to create meaningful and emotional connections with your communities. We can help you find it, clarify it, amplify it, and design it.
We have a strategic design toolkit that we tailor for the unique needs of each client. Our research methods, deep cultural immersion, and on-site collaborative pop-up studios ensure a profound understanding of the challenges and context behind every project.
Special Projects Coordinator
P: 416 977 6000 Ext. 3707