Toronto Outdoor Art Fair
The Centre for Emerging Artists & Designers is excited to announce the return of Toronto Outdoor Art Fair Career Launcher award for students in the Illustration, Material Art & Design, Photography and Printmaking/Publications programs. Eligible students will have the opportunity to exhibit in the 59th year of this annual event; Canada's leading juried outdoor art fair. TOAF was established to nurture excellence and an entrepreneurial spirit, and to showcase contemporary work to the general public. This free public event showcases works by over 360 exhibitors and attracts 130,000 visitors each year.
TOAF has always reserved a portion of the Fair to emerging and student artists and is proud to have played a role in the emerging careers of many well-known Canadian artists including: Barbara Astman, Edward Burtynsky and many others. This is an amazing opportunity to get yourself out there, nurture an audience, and sell your work! Student applications will be reviewed by the TOAF jury for final selection.
● Must be a ILLU, MAAD, Photography or PRNT/PUBL student in their graduating year (2020)
● Multidisciplinary artists can submit up to 3 different applications in 3 different categories (see below for category descriptions)
3D Works - Original works that are three-dimensional, using additive or reductive techniques, including freestanding sculptures, reliefs, assemblages etc. created using either traditional or experimental materials.
2D Works – original works that are two-dimensional, created using one or more physical material, including Drawing, Printmaking, Illustration, Collage, and Mixed Media works, etc.
Craft & Design - hand crafted objects (functional or decorative) created using fine craft and/or industrial design practices including, Ceramics, Glass, Jewellery, Textile, Wood/Furniture, etc. Multi-disciplinary and/or hybrid practices welcomed. Exclude machine-screen patterns or other forms of mass production, and factory produced wearable items regardless of additional modification.
Painting - works created using oil, acrylic, encaustic, watercolour, inks, etc.
Photography & Digital Media - Photographic prints made from the artist's original image, and/or digitally manipulated images created from original artist images, and/or other sourced material.
March 9, 2020 at 11:59 PM
LOOKING FOR SUPPORT OR INSPIRATION?
- Interested applicants are encouraged to attend the February 26, 2020 TOAF Application Camp to best inform their proposal. RSVP on Eventbrite
- On February 26, 2020 at 2:00pm - 3:30pm, an on-campus info-session/submission workshop will be offered by Toronto Outdoor Art Festival Operations Manager, Ania Harmata. Interested applicants are encouraged to attend to receive guidance and assistance with their applications. This session will be held on Level 3, 115 McCaul St.
- If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Zviko Mhakayakora, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “TOAF Career Launcher”
Toronto Outdoor Art Fair
Date: July 10-12, 2020
Location: Nathan Phillips Square, 100 Queen Street W, Toronto, ON
● 7 images of your artwork (a consistent portfolio of work)
● FREE to apply - use the discount code CAREERLAUNCHER2020 during checkout
Contact Ania Harmata, Operations Manager
email@example.com or 416-408-2754
Special Projects Coordinator
P: 416 977 6000 Ext. 3707