Ubisoft Toronto Career Launcher: Junior Graphic Designer
Are you a recent grad or a final-year Graphic Design student at OCAD U?
The Ubisoft Toronto Communications team and the Centre for Emerging Artists & Designers are excited to announce the Ubisoft Toronto Career Launcher.
UBISOFT is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Ubisoft creates worlds where people can express themselves, explore, and discover new possibilities.
Ubisoft Toronto was founded in 2010 and has contributed to many award-winning Ubisoft brands including: Assassin’s Creed®, Far Cry®, For HonorTM, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell®, and Watch Dogs®. In 2018, the team at Ubisoft Toronto developed its first new IP, Starlink: Battle for Atlas, and is leading development of Watch Dogs: Legion. Ubisoft Toronto is one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for four consecutive years and in 2018, one of GamesIndustry.biz Best Places to Work.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? Ubisoft offers an open environment where bright ideas have a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge. Challenge accepted? Join Ubisoft Toronto and Create the Unknown.
You will work directly with Ubisoft’s Lead Graphic Designer and Creative Services team. The successful candidate would be a strong visual communicator who wants to be part of a creative, dynamic, and innovative environment. You will design creative assets for web, social media, video, presentations, events, swag, studio space, and print that inspire and captivate the Ubisoft teams. You will work closely with other members of the communications and studio teams on design projects.
- $21.63 /hr
- Full-time 4 months paid internship
- Starting May 2020
- Sunday, February 23, 2020 at midnight
- Current resume including full contact information (Name, phone, and email)
- Cover letter outlining your interest in the opportunity and relevant experience
- Creative portfolio (PDF or website). Please highlight 3-5 key communication design projects.
- Apply via Typeform here
- Recent OCAD U grad (2019) or current student graduating in spring 2020
- Strong graphic design experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), PowerPoint, and Keynote are required
- Demonstrated experience designing for at least some of the following mediums: web, social media, video, presentations, events, swag, and print
- Open to direction, can accept feedback and acts on it; adapts to change
- Brings a positive attitude and desire to work collaboratively with other members of the communications and studio teams
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Able to demonstrate creativity, originality and resourcefulness when searching for solutions
- Previous experience in a creative industry considered an asset
- Familiarity with both PC and Mac environments would be helpful (but not mandatory)
- Understanding of design within brand guidelines would be considered an asset
- Passion for the video game industry
- Basic photography skills would be a plus
- Illustration skills and/or an interest in illustration would be considered an asset
- Experience with Adobe Premiere and/or After Effects would be a plus
- Experience with WordPress (or similar CMS), HTML or CSS considered an asset
Nice to haves
Located in Toronto's up-and-coming Junction Triangle neighbourhood since 2010, Ubisoft Toronto is a studio full of passionate and experienced game developers focused on making innovative and exciting games. With over 35 languages spoken, Ubisoft Toronto is as diverse as the booming city it calls home. At Ubisoft Toronto, we are passionate about positive culture. Ubisoft hosts monthly team celebrations, organize events for employees and their families, and we offer a variety of health and wellness initiatives like on-site yoga, on-site occupational therapists, flexible days, and an abundance of fresh fruit to promote a balanced life.
Ubisoft Toronto is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. The studio welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities and are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request.
Special Projects Coordinator
P: 416 977 6000 Ext. 3707