Career Launcher: Gallery 44 Production Membership
Gallery 44 supports a thriving community of artists and supporters committed to contemporary photography. As an artist-run centre, Gallery 44’s activities are driven by the commitment and energy of its membership and artist-led Board of Directors and programming committees. Members play a crucial role in supporting our activities and advocating for our mission.
Gallery 44’s membership program provides technical and conceptual support to artists in every stage of their careers. We work closely with our members to foster inclusive practices and to help promote many unique approaches to photography.
G44 and the Centre for Emerging Artists & Designers are excited to announce the return of the Gallery 44 Career Launcher providing Production Memberships to three (3) recent OCAD U graduates. This exclusive membership opportunity will provide access to Gallery 44 production facilities, equipment rentals and programming for sixteen months, starting June 1, 2020 to support the graduates’ upcoming exhibitions, continued creative production and professional opportunities.
Additionally, recipients will also receive studio credits valued at $500, and opportunities to participate in G44 member exhibitions, workshops and events.
G44 FACILITIES INCLUDE:
- Black and White Darkroom
- Film Developing Station
- Imacon 949 iMac Station
- Epson V700
- Shooting Studio
- Resource Centre
- Print Finishing Area
- HP z3200 Printing.
- Plus select reciprocal membership benefits at LIFT, Trinity Square Video, and InterAccess.
June 1, 2020 - September 30, 2021
Centre for Contemporary Photography
Suite 120, 401 Richmond St West. Toronto, ON, Canada
- Must be an OCAD U student graduating in 2020
- Must have continuous photography-based practice
- Full contact information (Name, phone, and email) and a current CV.
- • Online portfolio or an attached PDF portfolio.
- • A statement of interest (250 words) that contextualizes your intent to use the facility, outlines the significance of the opportunity to your practice, and demonstrates how the opportunity will be used to enhance your professional development.
- • Written confirmation of the conditions (see Qualifications).
Please submit all components online via Typeform http://bit.ly/G44Production
April 13, 2020 at midnight
Special Projects Coordinator
P: 416 977 6000 Ext. 3707