NEO Commissioning Program: Call for Emerging Artists
OCAD University’s Centre for Emerging Artists & Designers and NEO Exchange, Canada’s next-generation stock exchange, have partnered to co-create the NEO Commissioning Program. Five (5) emerging artists from OCAD U, working in a variety of mediums, will be commissioned to provide works of art to commemorate the listing of a corporate client or the launch of a new fund on the NEO stock exchange.
The NEO Commissioning Program will select and retain five (5) emerging artists, each representing a different artistic practice, providing a diversity of artistic voices and approaches to be showcased in the commissioning program. Working under the guidance of a Curatorial Coordinator and responding to a client creative brief, each artist will be commissioned to produce approximately four (4) original artworks over the course of a 12-month period. Artists will receive $1,200 per commissioned work. Completed works will be prominently bestowed to NEO Exchange clients and be cherished with their corporate art collections.
The commissioned work will be proudly featured in NEO Exchange’s promotion of its new listing via press release, social media and email newsletters. The commissioned work (with artist credit) will be displayed in a gallery of NEO listings online at aequitasneo.com and at NEO Exchange’s office.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Each of the five (5) emerging artists will:
- Based on receiving the necessary information in a timely manner from NEO Exchange, each of the five (5) emerging artists will ensure that project deliverables are met based on a 4 week approximate timeline
- Respond to creative oversight provided by the Curatorial Coordinator and the client; ensuring commissioned artworks are aligned to the client’s creative brief
- Provide initial proposed concepts to the Curatorial Coordinator(sketches, prototypes, etc.)
- Work with the Curatorial Coordinator to arrange for the photo-documentation and delivery of completed artworks
$1,200 per commissioned work (x4 works)
Part-time freelance contract January 2020 - December 2020 (12 months)
Sunday, February 9, 2020 at 11:59pm (midnight)
Reach out to the OCAD U Career Development office with the subject line: "NEO Exchange Career Launcher"
NEO Exchange Inc
- Current OCAD U student or recent OCAD U graduate
- Experience in producing small-to-medium sized works and working within a set budget in a limited time-frame is an asset
- Previous experience with art commissions is an asset
- Full contact information (Name, phone, and email) and current creative CV
- Website and/or Social Media handle
- A brief artist statement/bio that contextualizes your overall practice (150 words max)
- An Expression Of Interest that communicates your interest in this specific opportunity (400 words max)
- 5 - 10 sample support images of past artwork, in a single PDF
- A corresponding list for support images including: artist name, title, year, medium, size/duration (for time-based work)
- Apply via Typeform here
NEO Exchange is a Canadian stock exchange based in Toronto. Marketed as Canada's New Stock Exchange, NEO aims to help companies, dealers and investors by creating a better listing experience, eliminating predatory market behaviours such as high-frequency trading, implementing a unique market making program to ensure liquidity, and offering free real-time market data for all NEO-listed securities