2020 Scotiabank, Art Program Internship
The Scotiabank Fine Art Program oversees the Bank’s fine art collection. Department staff are responsible for the acquisition of new artwork for the collection, artwork installation and display in corporate spaces, and collection care and management. The Fine Art Program also facilitates employee and client engagement as it relates to the collection.
Reporting to the Manager, Fine Art Program, the Fine Art Program intern will be responsible for supporting department staff in the daily operations of the Fine Art Program, including, but not limited to: collection’s management, installation, shipping and receiving, database management, project management, research, and other administrative tasks.
Approx. $20,000 based on level of experience
May to August, 2020
DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Gather and prepare images and written content for the Scotiabank Fine Art website
- Reconcile and update database records
- Produce written content for internal employee social media platform
- Tour and event support
- Installation support
- Photographic documentation of artworks and installations
- Support the coordination of installations both on and offsite
- Support the coordination of shipping and receiving
- Current OCAD U students focusing on Criticism & Curatorial Practices, Visual Studies, Fine Art, Art History, or similar, returning to OCAD U in Fall 2020
- Have experience or interest in collections management
- Have a working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Office
- Be able to maintain focus on repetitive tasks and complete them with a high degree of accuracy and thoroughness
- Full contact information (Name, phone, and email) and current resume.
- Cover letter outlining your interest in the opportunity and relevant experience.
- Creative portfolio (PDF or website). Please highlight 3-5 key projects.
Apply though Typeform here: http://bit.ly/scotiaart
March 26, 2020
The Centre for Emerging Artists & Designers recognizes Scotiabank for its generous support for the Career Launcher program
Special Projects Coordinator