2020 Scotiabank, Service Design Internship
Scotiabank’s Digital Banking Organization has a clear and well-supported mandate to transform the way banking technology is delivered, by reimagine the customer experience, fostering innovation to deliver new digital value propositions and enabling our teams to drive significant changes across the organization and for our customers. Reporting to the Director, Digital Customer Experience, Digital Banking, the Service Designer will be responsible for helping Scotiabank see what is hidden in plain sight by mapping our end-to-end services and processes from the perspective of the customer, and unearthing how they can be reimagined to better serve our customers digitally and beyond.
This is a place where you’ll get to learn and develop your skills, while being recognized for your hard work. At Scotiabank, we’re passionate about bringing our whole selves to work, allowing us to create inclusive work environments for everyone to enjoy.
Approx. $20,000 based on level of experience
May to August, 2020
DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
• Gather input from diverse partners & stakeholders to design services.and experiences, as well as the internal processes, policies and.programs that support them
• Work with a team, stakeholders, and end-user customers
• Participate in design processes to inform digital product & service
• Unearth human needs and how they can be mapped back to
organizational systems and processes
• Identify what makes processes bad and experiences awful for our
customers, always operating constructively toward defining positive
• Communicate in a credible and engaging manner to meaningfully
stretch people’s thinking and reconstruct longstanding operating
• Share responsibility for conducting and documenting a range of
workshops, ideation sessions and design sprints to engage employees
and customers in designing customer-centric processes
• Create design artifacts such as journey maps, service patterns and
• Analyze and synthesize insights from multiple sources of data,
including observational interviews, qualitative research studies and
direct user feedback.
• Participate in a collaborative, innovative, challenging and supportive
team environment. as part of the Global Digital Banking Unit
• Comfortable working in a self-guided manner with the ability to
prioritize tasks and manage own time efficiently.
• Currently enrolled in an OCAD U program in the Faculty of Design and returning to OCAD U in Fall 2020
• Apply knowledge in a range of design methodologies such as journey mapping, pattern and blueprint development, contextual interviews, ethnographic observation, diary studies, design workshops, landscape reviews, trend analysis, etc.
• Understanding of information
architecture and systems thinking as they apply to the design of a service
• Ability to synthesize data and present insights toward meaningful outcomes.
• Effectively able to prioritize and pivot in response to evolving business constraints.
• Demonstrate empathy by working directly with our customers and stakeholders to understand their needs
• Demonstrate a positive and resilient personality; able to embrace feedback
• Deal well with ambiguity, taking smart and calculated risks and supports others who do the same.
• Provide empathy and an un-biased viewpoint to all aspects of design work.
• Understanding of Adobe Creative Suite is an asset; including the ability to build your own design artifacts such as personas, journey maps, reports, etc.
• French and/or Spanish proficiency considered an asset
- Full contact information (Name, phone, and email)
- Cover letter outlining your interest in the opportunity and relevant experience.
- Current resume.
- Creative portfolio (PDF or website). Please highlight 3-5 key projects.
Apply though Typeform: http://bit.ly/scotiadesigner
March, 26, 2020
The Centre for Emerging Artists & Designers recognizes Scotiabank for its generous support for the Career Launcher program