Career Launcher: Rosalie Sharp Pavilion Career Launcher
The Centre for Emerging Artists & Designers is excited to announce the Rosalie Sharp Pavilion Career Launcher for recent OCAD U grads!
The Rosalie Sharp Pavilion’s recent refurbishment reimagines the use of the space to encompass many forms of experiential learning. Located on the 3rd floor of the RSP at 115 McCaul Street, the CEAD connects school, work, creativity and professional development to establish a dynamic community and environment.
Recent OCAD U graduates (from 2018 or 2019) are invited to apply for this opportunity and one (1) successful applicant OR one (1) successful collective will be awarded with a private office/studio space for three months (Nov 2019 – Jan 2020) in the Rosalie Sharp Pavilion.
This is an incredible opportunity to further develop a creative practice or entrepreneurial initiative with the support of the CEAD’s team and services, in the heart of Toronto’s creative district. Applications will be reviewed by staff from the Centre for Emerging Artists & Designers.
In addition to a private office/studio space, the CEAD can offer:
· Access to on-site AV and sound equipment, Wi-Fi
· Ensuite kitchen, coffee and tea station
· Supplies from CEAD office/material cart
· Use of the CEAD presentation space
· Potential access to the library resources
· Potential access to shops and fabrication studios*
*Please note that the Rosalie Sharp Pavilion studio space is an office-style space and is not equipped to support projects/practices that are especially messy, generate fumes, or which require a heavily specialized environment (eg: oversized works, oil or encaustic painting, mould-making, printmaking, etc). Access to OCAD U fabrication studios and facilities is not guaranteed and subject to change based on construction schedules. Please note that access to the studio and building is limited to Monday to Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 12:00 a.m. Sat: 8:45 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Sun: 12:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.
November 11, 2019, midnight.
Recent OCAD U graduates (from 2018 or 2019)
Apply though Typeform here
- Full contact information (Name, phone, and email)
- Current CV listing relevant creative experience
- A link to your online portfolio - Direct links to recorded portfolio material on a host page (Vimeo, YouTube etc.). Please do not include video files in your application; only links.
- A brief statement that contextualizes your overall creative practice/project and communicates your interest in the opportunity, and how you plan to utilize the space.
- How will you plan to use the space? What will this allow you to achieve? What positive impact do you anticipate this having?
Special attention will be given to proposals that convey how a private office/studio space in the CEAD will benefit your practice/project and incorporate ways to give back to the OCAD community (eg: workshops, tutorials, etc).
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Zviko Mhakayakora (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Shellie Zhang (email@example.com) with the subject line “Rosalie Sharp Pavilion Career Launcher”.
Special Project Coordinator
P: 416 977 6000 Ext. 3707