Collections Assistant (Documentation)
OCAD University’s Faculty of Art is looking for a Collections Assistant (Documentation) to support Faculty of Art initiatives related to the IArts Residency Program and The IArts Project Fund, specifically the auction of works in a private family collection comprised primarily of Indian contemporary art. Reporting to the Junior Collections Manager and the Associate Dean, Outreach & Innovation, the Collections Assistant (Documentation) will manage all tasks related to cataloguing works in the collection, including photography and artifact descriptions for each work in the collection. The database created will serve in the evaluation and appraisal of the works, and in the preparation of the works for auction. Catalogue information will also be used in the creation of a published auction/exhibition catalogue. The physical auction will be held at OCAD University or other locations in Fall 2019.
A collection curated to showcase exemplary works of contemporary Indian art, that contains works by Sanjay Barot, Nirmal Birluka, Nandini Das, Haresh Dhrupal, Ramgopal Kumavat, Biplab Mohanta, Kundan Mondal, Atul Padia, Kamal Pandya, Nikita Parikh, Nimesh Patel, Bharti Prajapati, Namata Sneha, Manjunath Honnapura, Jyoti Bhatt and others.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with organizing, cataloguing and documenting a private art collection
- Assist with preparations of works for sale, storage and documentation
- Photo document collection, label and describe works in database
- Assist the Junior Collections Manager as needed
- Heavy lifting and climbing ladders to access art and artworks
- Work will be split between a private Toronto residence and OCAD University campus
RATE: $15.65/hour for a total of 160 hours
TERM: Part-time contract, July - October 2019 (hours will be discussed)
DEADLINE: Monday, July 15, 2019
OCAD University's Faculty of Art
- OCAD U students or graduates who have experience in art photography
- An interest in collections and gallery exhibitions
- Strong communication skills and professionalism verbally and in writing
- Full contact information (Name, phone, and email) and current resume.
- Cover letter outlining interest and relevant experience
Please submit all written components in one (1) PDF to the attention of Zviko Mhakayakora, firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Projects Coordinator, Centre for Emerging Artists & Designers
P: 416 977 6000 Ext. 3707