NUIT ROSE 2019
NUIT ROSE is now accepting submissions from OCADU emerging artists, performers, writers, curators, and collectives interested in presenting work and projects for NUIT ROSE EMERGING ARTIST SECTION at the sixth edition of the festival, which will take place on Saturday, June 15, 2019.
The theme for NUIT ROSE 2019 is Arcade. Artists are invited to creatively interpret, explore, and respond to this theme in their proposed projects.
Examples could include:
- Projects that utilize multi-media or adopt multi-disciplinary approaches
- Projects that deploy relational strategies to engage communities and/or the general public
- Projects that explore techniques, technologies, networks & systems
- Projects that incorporate play, challenge and risk to convey meanings
We strongly encourage artists to apply who reflect diversity and intersectionality in sexuality, gender, culture, race, ethnicity, creed, religion, age, ability, and other dimensions of diversity.
- Must be OCADU students graduating in 2019 or recent graduates graduated in 2018.
DEADLINE: Monday, February 25, 2019.
a festival of queer art and performance
Applicants will be asked to apply within one of the 6 categories below, choosing the term which most closely describes the medium of their work and interest.
Please choose one of these categories in the application:
- Sculpture and Installation
- New Media
- Proposals must be submitted through Nuit Rose Application Portal accessible here.
- Please clearly identify yourself as a “Career Launcher candidate” in the body of your application.
NUIT ROSE is a free annual festival of queer art and performance, showcasing provocative, contemporary work by local and international artists. NUIT ROSE is a catalyst for community engagement, giving audiences opportunities to experience unique, transformational encounters with queer art across the city of Toronto.
Special Project Coordinator, Career Launchers
E: [email protected]
P: 416 977 6000 Ext. 361