Programming Development Assistant
Prefix Institute of Contemporary Art is seeking a part-time employee for the position of Programming Development Assistant. The Assistant will be responsible for two key aspects of the organization’s activities. The first area consists of conducting a review of Prefix’s programming history in order to contribute to preparations for the gallery’s twentieth anniversary. The second involves assisting with the research, development and realization of Prefix’s upcoming exhibitions and public programming. Applicants with education or experience in only one of these areas are nonetheless encouraged to apply, as Prefix will provide training to the successful candidate, as needed. The Programming Development Assistant will report to the Director and work with all members of the Prefix team.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct a review of Prefix’s programming history
- Conduct research related to upcoming exhibition and public programming
- Assist with educational and audience development initiatives
- Assist with the coordination of logistics for exhibitions and public programming
- General administrative assistance
RATE: $16.5 /hour for 21 hours/week with occasional evenings and Saturdays
TERM: Part-time, March - August 2019 (24 weeks)
DEADLINE: Monday, February 25, 2019
Prefix is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
- Must have graduated in 2017 or 2018
- Strong research and presentation skills
- Superior planning and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy (MAC environment)
- Motivated, outgoing and self directed
- Ability to work cooperatively in an open-concept office
- Responsible and reliable
Additional assets include:
- Education and/or experience in curatorial work, arts administration, or publishing
- Knowledge of contemporary photographic, media and digital arts
- Fluency in French
- Full contact information (Name, phone, and email), a confirmation of eligibility and a current CV.
- A cover letter outlining interest and relevant background.
- A short one-page writing sample.
Please submit all written components in one (1) PDF to the attention of Tak Pham [email protected]
Founded in 1999 and based in Toronto, Prefix is a public art gallery that fosters the appreciation and understanding of contemporary photo, media and digital art. Internationally recognized for the publication of Prefix Photo magazine, the organization also mounts exhibitions in its visual, audio and surround art galleries, circulates travelling shows, maintains a public reference library and presents a broad range of public programmes, including an annual speakers series. With its state-of-the-art facility in the heart of Toronto’s arts community at 401 Richmond West, Prefix provides its staff with the opportunity to participate in an exciting, growing organization in a dynamic arts environment.
Special Project Coordinator, Career Launchers
E: [email protected]
P: 416 977 6000 Ext. 361