Sky Lounge Art Commission
Great West Life Realty Advisors, Oni One Sourcing and Purchasing and the Centre for Emerging Artists & Designers are excited to announce an art commission Career Launcher for recent graduates from OCAD University’s Faculty of Art.
The opportunity seeks a large-scale wall mounted art piece at 8’ x 12’ maximum that will be hung in the two-story amenity sky lounge of an upscale rental building in downtown Toronto. The building has been impeccably designed with an understated refined elegance making it the perfect backdrop for energetic and contemporary art. The new work will share the space in a building with existing art by Canadian artists.
Selected artist(s) will receive a production budget and artist fee of $13,000. Additionally, the artist(s) will have their production and artwork documented by professional photo and videographers provided by the partner. The documentation will accompany the commissioned artwork during an opening reception in March/ April 2019.
- Must be an upper-year student or recent graduate from OCADU in 2017 or 2018.
- Experience in making and exhibiting large size work is an asset.
- Previous experience in art commission is an asset.
DEADLINE: January 7 , 2019
- Full contact information (Name, phone, and email), and confirmation of eligibility
- CVs and artist statements • Maximum 10 support images in jpeg following naming format: 01_Title_ArtistName.jpeg
- An image list including: artist name, title, year, medium, size/ duration (for media work).
- Budget proposal • Installation plan
Please submit all written components in one (1) PDF with separate support images to the attention of Tak Pham [email protected]
Founded in 2002 in Toronto, Canada, Oni-One began life as a manufacturing and retail venture specializing in high-end furniture and accessories for the growing Toronto condominium market.
GWL Realty Advisors provides comprehensive asset management, property management, development and specialized real estate advisory services and is a trusted real estate advisor to some of Canada’s major pension funds and institutions.
Special Project Coordinator, Career Launchers
E: [email protected]
P: 416 977 6000 Ext. 361