Artist Project 2020
The Artist Project Contemporary Art Fair and The Centre for Emerging Artists & Designers are excited to announce the return of the Artist Project Career Launcher for an upper year OCAD U student or recent graduate with a performance-based practice (such as, but not limited to, Integrated Media, Digital Futures or Sculpture/Installation).
Students and recent alumni are invited to apply for this paid opportunity which provides a professional venue and large public audience for their work. The successful applicant will participate in the 13th annual Artist Project Contemporary Art Fair; held at the Better Living Centre, February 20 to 23, 2020. Dimensions of the project space are roughly 200 square feet in size.
The Show Director will select a successful applicant and The Centre for Emerging Artists & Designers will provide a $2,000 production grant towards the realization of this outstanding opportunity.
Tips for a successful application:
The space provided at the fair is located among other exhibiting artists, as such it is important to keep the sound levels of the proposed project minimal.
The fair hall is lit with overhead lighting and high ceilings. Creating an enclosed dark space would be difficult.
The suspension of materials from overhead is not possible in the fair hall.
The fair is family friendly. Therefore project content should not include nudity or profanity.
A changing and/or staging area will be provided as needed.
- Must be an OCAD U student or recent graduate (from 2018 and 2019)
- A priority will be given to performance-based proposals, over more static sculptural installations.
- A consideration of the successful application tips mentioned above.
Sunday, October 27, 2019 at midnight (EST)
The Artist Project 2020 Contemporary Art Fair
February 20 - 23, 2020
Better Living Centre
Exhibition Place, Toronto
Apply though Typeform here
- Full contact information (Name, phone, and email)
- Current CV listing relevant creative experience
- A link to your online portfolio
- Direct links to recorded portfolio material on a host page (Vimeo, YouTube etc.). Please do not include video files in your application; only links.
- A brief artist statement that contextualizes your overall practice and communicates your interest in the opportunity and a very clear expression of your project proposal.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Zviko Mhakayakora, firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Artist Project 2020"
The Artist Project features original works from over 250 carefully juried, contemporary artists. Artists from a variety of geographic & creative backgrounds will converge & connect with patrons looking to get a glimpse of tomorrow’s Art Stars.
Special Project Coordinator
P: 416 977 6000 Ext. 3707