Format Website Prize for Graduating Students
OCAD University’s RBC Centre for Emerging Artists & Designers is excited to announce an opportunity in partnership with Format for one (1) graduating designer and one (1) graduating artist to each receive a prize which consists of: free hosting of their Format website for life ($300/year value), a $500 monetary prize, and one-on-one consultation with Format’s Expert Site Building Team ($500 value). The selected recipients’ portfolios will also receive promotional support with Format.
This is a great opportunity to develop a website of your work while gaining promotional, technical and resource support.
Format is a website hosting and building platform designed for artists and creatives. Format is passionate about finding new ways to provide the creative community the tools and resources they need to share their work and grow their business.
Since 2012, Format has supported emerging artists and designers at OCAD U with free website hosting during their time as a student and for six months after graduation. After this grace period, alumni are given a 25 discount on all annual plans. We’re thankful to Format for their continued support towards our students by allowing them the resources to present their best work.
SUCCESSFUL RECIPIENTS WILL EACH RECEIVE
- Free hosting of their Format website on a Pro Plus account for life ($300/year value)
- $500 monetary prize
- One-on-one consultation with Format’s Expert Site Building Team ($500 value)
- Click here for instructions on how to get started on building your free Format website as an OCAD U student and video tutorial resources.
- Get inspired by these great websites created with Format (Artists, Designers, Illustrators, Photographers, Fashion)
- Check out the CEAD’s Step-by-Step Application package resource for guidance on creating a resume or CV. Our Online Presence resource provides some tips for how to make a clear and eye-catching website.
- Applicants are also encouraged to apply to the Career Launcher fund (to be released later in 2023) as an alternative pathway for supporting their transition out of school.
The OCAD U RBC CEAD is committed to promoting substantive equality for equity-seeking groups that are under-represented in the creative sector. We encourage applications from first-time applicants to the program and graduates of equity-seeking communities including racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities / expressions. Applicants are welcome to advise the CEAD of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Applicants who need assistance with their submissions are invited to connect with the RBC CEAD for Advising support. Click here to learn more about how to book an advising appointment.
Applicants who have concerns about meeting a Career Launcher application deadline are invited to connect with the CEAD in order to discuss possible alternatives. We encourage all who might require assistance with the application process to reach out to determine available support. Outreach of this nature should be undertaken at least one week prior to the published application deadline.
- All Undergraduate and Master’s students graduating in 2023
- Priority will be given to applicants who have not previously received a Career Launcher opportunity
- Applicants will be asked to self-identify whether they want their portfolio to be considered under the Art or Design category. Applicants may only apply to one category for consideration.
Friday, March 31, 2023, 8:00 AM ET
FORMAT @ OCAD U DESIGN CAREER FAIR
Wednesday, February 22, 2023
11:00 AM ET
This presentation and demo will discuss the elements not only for building a successful online portfolio, but also how to present and promote your work to align with your career goals beyond OCAD U.
- Format portfolio URL
- Resume or CV including full contact information (name, phone, and email)
- A short statement outlining your practice and how your website might help you grow your professional and creative development. Be specific about the possibilities for your practice (100 words max)
Apply via Typeform here:
Special Projects Coordinator