2022 SwissVBS, Illustrator Intern
Since 2001, SwissVBS has been at the forefront of defining what learning can be in the digital world. Their mission is to create experiences that inspire, engage, transform, and most importantly – deliver results. SwissVBS is building the digital learning experience of tomorrow.
OCAD University’s RBC Centre for Emerging Artists & Designers is excited to announce a recruited placement in partnership with SwissVBS for the role of Illustrator Intern. Reporting to the Visual Design Team Lead and Illustrator, the Illustrator Intern will be responsible for editing and archiving illustration assets, as well as contributing to project-related tasks. The selected candidate will play a supporting role to the Visual Design Team in carrying out their duties.
The role will be an in-person position at SwissVBS’ office with some potential for remote/virtual work.
$20 hour, for 40 hours per week
Full-time beginning in June, 2022 for 8 months
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Editing vector assets in Adobe Illustrator; modifying character and scene focused illustrations for use in animated videos and online learning materials
- Archiving illustration assets in a library database
- Sourcing and editing photo and vector-based imagery for presentations and e-learning materials
- Various functions for the visual design team
- Participate in visual team meetings
- Support organizing meetings
- Participate in internal events
Monday, April 25, 2022, 11:59 PM
The OCAD U RBC CEAD is committed to promoting substantive equality for equity-seeking groups that are under-represented in the creative sector. We encourage applications from first-time applicants to the program and graduates of equity-seeking communities including racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities / expressions. Applicants are welcome to advise the CEAD of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Applicants who need assistance with their submissions are invited to connect with the RBC CEAD for Advising support. Click here to learn more about how to book an advising appointment.
Applicants who have concerns about meeting a Career Launcher application deadline are invited to connect with the CEAD in order to discuss possible alternatives. We encourage all who might require assistance with the application process to reach out to determine available support. Outreach of this nature should be undertaken at least one week prior to the published application deadline.
Location: 460 Richmond St W #700, Toronto, ON M5V 1Y1
VIRTUAL INFO SESSION
Friday, April 8, 2022
3:00 - 4:00 PM
Click here to RSVP
Join our upcoming info session with SwissVBS Illustrator Lisa Collins to learn more about SwissVBS and resources for putting together a strong application.
- Current OCAD U ILLU or GRPH students in their graduating year or recent OCAD U grads from ILLU or GRPH (2021)
- Computer Skills (Mac, Adobe Suite)
- Attention to detail and well-organized, ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize, agile and adaptable to changing requirements
- Keen desire to learn and contribute and ability to ask questions and escalate issues when needed
- Skills in Power Point or an interest/experience in storyboarding and mural painting would be considered an asset
- Priority will be given to applicants who have not previously received a Career Launcher opportunity
- Resume including full contact information (name, phone, and email)
- Cover letter outlining your interest in this specific opportunity (400 words max)
- Creative portfolio (PDF or website) highlighting illustration projects.
- A short statement outlining the potential significance of the opportunity to your practice and/or development (100 words max)