Community Engagement Assistant
Nuit Blanche Toronto is seeking applications to the part-time Community Engagement Assistant position. Supported by the Career Launcher program, the position will include a full integration into the professional environment of the City Cultural Events Team at the City of Toronto. The position will include the research and development of new programming initiatives for Nuit Blanche 2020 and participation on the on-site team responsible for implementation of the 2019 Nuit Blanche event. The position will offer critical insight and valuable exposure to the planning and execution of a large-scale public art event, learnings about the range of career options available, the opportunity to develop the skills required to succeed in the arts and culture sector.
Nuit Blanche Toronto is Toronto’s annual free all-night contemporary art event that invites adventurous residents and visitors to take to the streets from sunset to sunrise. Experience Toronto transformed by hundreds of Canadian and international artists. One night only, all night long.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists on community engagement work to increase Nuit Blanche awareness in communities outside the core.
- Works with City Cultural Events Team to identify and facilitate capacity building amongst communities to gather inputs for specific public programming events.
- Assists with the delivery of interactive educational activities that engage public, provide resource material, collect contact info for future engagement events.
- Oversees on-site impacting surveying with audience during public programming events with support from volunteers.
RATE: $20 /hour for 30 hours/week
TERM: Part-time, May - September 2019
DEADLINE: Monday, May 13, 2019
NUIT BLANCHE TORONTO
- Graduated from OCAD University in 2018 or 2019 (undergraduate or graduate);
- Experience assisting with community-based programs or services, and working at events, with volunteers and others;
- Experience in developing and running public engagement activities/ events with demonstrated planning and scheduling skills;
- Actively seeks to create an environment of equity and inclusion in working with culturally diverse and marginalized groups;
- Team player, able to work independently and collaboratively;
- Administrative and reporting experience, and attention-to-detail with excellent written and verbal
- Full contact information (name phone, and email) and current resume
- Confirmation of eligibility
- Cover letter outlining interest and relevant experience.
Please submit all written components in one (1) PDF to the attention of Alexandra Hong at email@example.com
Project Officer, Centre for Emerging Artists & Designers
P: 416 977 6000 Ext. 3708