HHF Communications Design Intern
Healthcare Human Factors and The Centre for Emerging Artists and Designers are excited to announce the second Healthcare Human Factors Career Launcher. Graduating students and recent graduates are invited to apply for this paid internship, and one successful applicant will work with the team of human factors professionals, designers, engineers, psychologists, and researchers, uniquely integrated into healthcare. Healthcare Human Factors is provided with unparalleled insights and access to the clinicians and patients for whom they design, test, and create for.
This opportunity was tailor-made to support the emerging design career of an OCAD U student who is passionate about making a real difference in the lives of patients and healthcare providers. Apply your creative and technical skills and education to help Healthcare Human Factors design the future of healthcare.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design a variety of engaging marketing artifacts, internal collateral, and client deliverables
- Work collaboratively with other team members to identify and seize design opportunities to improve our brand and visual communications strategies
- Design a wide range of digital and print collateral—including graphics, event materials, presentations, video assets, and more—from concept to production
- Develop templates that give other team members the independence to quickly and smoothly produce great looking work
- Proactively seek out feedback and strive for constant improvement
- Shoot and edit photos and video for our projects, website, and social media
- Bonus: Record and edit audio for a podcast
RATE: $17.5 - $20/hour for 35 hours/week
TERM: Full-time, 4 - 12 months starting Summer 2019
DEADLINE: February 27, 2019
HEALTHCARE HUMAN FACTORS
- Must have strong knowledge of visual design fundamentalsMust have a solid portfolio demonstrating your creative accomplishments and design process.
- Must have an ability to clearly communicate your insights and back-up your design ideas.
- Must have a passion for details, but also an ability to zoom out to see the big picture.
- Cover Letter — tell us why you’re the right person for this job specifically
- Resume or CV — highlighting applicable experience
- Portfolio — showing us your thinking, process, and end-product (can link to an online portfolio or a PDF version)
Applications must be submitted through 2019 Summer Design Internship portal accessible here.
DESIGN FELLOWSHIP AND INTERNSHIP INFO NIGHT 2019
Wednesday, February 13th, 2019
Toronto General Hospital, 190 Elizabeth Street, R. Fraser Elliott Bldg. 4th Floor, Toronto, ON M5G 2C4
Join us for an evening to learn more about our summer design fellowship and internship programs, explore our project showcases, and have a chat with current interns and staff over light refreshments.
What if healthcare could be a safer, simpler, or even an enjoyable experience? These are the kinds of questions that drive our work here at Healthcare Human Factors, and we’re looking for two outstanding designers to join our team.
Join us for the evening to learn more about our summer fellowship and internship programs. You’ll hear from Joe Cafazzo (Executive Director), Mike Lovas (Design Director), and a few other design team members about the work we do and how you could fit into our team. These brief presentations will be followed by application tips and a Q&A. Afterwards you’ll be able to explore our project showcases and mingle with Healthcare Human Factors team members. Doors open at 6:00pm, talks start at 6:30pm, light refreshments will be served.
- Wednesday, February 13th, 2019
- Toronto General Hospital, 190 Elizabeth Street, R. Fraser Elliott Bldg. 4th Floor, Toronto, ON M5G 2C4
to RSVP, please visit: https://humanfactors.ca/summer2019-info-night/
Healthcare Human Factors is the largest Human Factors team dedicated to healthcare internationally. Acting as consultants, researchers, designers and evaluators, we are setting standards and developing best practices for human factors in healthcare, leading cultural change and making an impact locally and worldwide.
Special Project Coordinator, Career Launchers
E: [email protected]
P: 416 977 6000 Ext. 361